Monday, October 15, 2012

On Process

I have never considered myself a business person, a networker, someone much able to start or run a small business.

But I have had conference calls with my fellows every week. I was the one to make sure we all knew that price point depended not on what will make the most money, but on what people will consider reasonable to pay, because if it's not reasonable, they won't pay at all.

I am meeting deadlines and working ahead.

I am brainstorming new content.

I am self-promoting.

We have the point worked out at which profit means it's reasonable to start an LLC as we've passed the hobby threshold.

I am not writing for a personal game or larp, for a hobby, for an audience of one.

We are writing for keeps, and we were too busy to notice the transition. Always easier to see those milestones in hindsight.

No comments:

Post a Comment